Wednesday 6 September 2017

Sick

I'm sick today! This means I am not at work. Being sick is a small price to pay for not going to work today and participating in what's happening there right now. I will not give in to the temptation to elaborate on this in public. This is quite a sad thing for you, reader my dear, because if you're somebody who I have the good fortune to know and see in real life, it's inevitable that you'll have to hear about the whole farcical business sooner or later, at a length almost certainly not of your own choosing, and if you're one of the people who I don't see in the real world, then obviously it's sad for you in that you will never know the truth and you will be driven mad with relentless wondering.

Well, dry your tears, because after all it is I and not you who is sick. I have a blinking pain in the left ovary, it has been blinking for five days now and it's beginning to get me down. I'll have an ultrasound next week - those pelvic ultrasounds, always such a treat, shall I liveblog it? - but meanwhile what's working for me is reading about Poland, Burma, and Soviet Russia in WWII, drinking herbal tea, nursing a hot water bottle, and doing lots and lots of moaning. Also the thought of going to Lancefield on Friday for craft camp.

No comments: