Monday 22 June 2020

Dot points


  • I'm in that special honeymoon window between receiving the text to say you haven't got plague and spending time in the presence of other people and their droplets. I had plans to go to work a couple of days this week and to the newly reopened gym almost every day. I'll see what I feel like in the morning. Not loving the idea of going past my front door, right now.
  • I closed the blog for a few weeks because I regained access to the site visit counter and could see in some detail the visitor patterns. IP addresses but no other identifying info. And there was someone who was consistently checking in three or four times a day, spread across 24 hours, and I really DON'T LIKE IT, plus a couple of really weird comments were submitted, not by any means the first time.   
  • I've lived here for a year now. Half an hour ago I turned on the light, got out of bed and changed the sheets. I feel a little bit better. I've paid $24,000 in rent and I really don't know whether I did the right thing. Increasingly I think I swapped one form of unfulfilment and loneliness for another. Leonard is still growing up not seeing his parents in affectionate and loving relationships with other adults. Dorian has a partner, seems to have acquired her within eight weeks of me moving out of the house, but to the best of my knowledge Lenny has not been told about her. I know Lenny finds it 'weird' (his word) moving between households and I don't blame him one bit, I don't know how he can do it at all to be honest. 

2 comments:

elaine said...

I don't know if this is unsolicited advice that's witness knowitallness? My sister's step kids, once they were in year 8ish found it less weird and disruptive to have the primary residence swap term by term rather than weekly.

lucy tartan said...

OK, that's interesting. I haven't come cross that model before. I don't think *I* could hack it, particularly as it'd mean I'd never do grownup things in the evenings for weeks on end and then I'd be lonely for weeks on end. But it's useful to have a range of possibilities to think about and things will change as he gets older - I just don't know how.