Thursday 22 June 2017

national Go to work accidentally dressed as Tintin day

Me
Tintin


The most fucked part of this is that I had the wrong date - national Go to work accidentally dressed at Tintin day is actually next week, not last week which is when I took this picture. God, it's lucky that by the time I went to the hairdresser's in the evening I had forgotten about Tintin or I might have done something very very rash.

The ever-present risk of getting to work and discovering that I've only brought clothes that add up to some sort of ridiculous cosplay aside, things haven't been great at all at work recently. But I've taken steps to make sure that the problem is dealt with, and I think things have a good chance of working out all right. I know I express a wide range of feelings about therapy, including irritation and frustration, but when things get difficult its value is proven to me every time. In the current instance, the same circumstances a few years ago would have been intolerable. Now, I find the situation bad but I don't feel hopeless or despairing. I know what I need to do and I've been able to find the strength to do it.

The inner reserves aren't inexhaustible, though. I'm tired. I've been sitting on the couch writing this for three-quarters of an hour. I keep pausing to think about why I haven't successfully gotten myself started on the big and fun sewing project which I planned out a couple of weeks ago and then left sitting on the table, and in between those pauses and writing a few more sentences, there are heavy waves of drowsiness.

I'm just trying to stay awake long enough for my tea to cool down so that I can drink it, then I'll wake up a bit and I'll go cut up some fabric. I just need to not feel like all I did today was go to work.









No comments: