Thursday 17 January 2019

Why I Blog

I had a plaintive little yelp on FB today, about the sudden and ubiquitous pressure to take sides in the culture war about tidying up, and very delightfully, one of the very oldest friends of this blog (and of all good blogs) worked her conversation-defining magic and turned the thing into a trip down the memory hole. A good trip! I don't go into the archives here ever really but I wanted to find this post, which got mentioned today, and so, Why I blog, from thirteen years ago.

Basil's ashes are scattered under the apple tree growing so fine and strong in the garden but he really was the best cat ever, and I'm just grateful I captured something of that while he was around.

Now: that's done. No more dwelling in the past. Since we have to 2019 we might as well make the best of things.

No comments: