Wednesday 26 September 2018

Road trip

Frontrunner for greatest photograph of 2018

Leonard and I have left Melbourne for a few days. We're in a hotel right now but tomorrow night and several nights after, we're sleeping in a tent. Last time we went camping it was a complete and utter disaster. Today it took nearly three hours to fill every bit of space in the car with objects, including a pair of pet beds I impulse-bought at Kmart this morning for us to loll around on, chairs, a table, tent, bed, blankets, sleeping bags, lights etc etc etc, plus a sobering quantity of clothing and probably not enough books.  There are a couple of near-freezing nights forecast and I feel sure I've brought so many things that it will be frustrating and painful digging through them and trying to locate, say, a pair of warm and dry socks, but at the same time I don't doubt I have failed to pack numerous essential pieces of equipment.

I really have no idea at all why I thought this trip would be a good move, but just because I can't think of a reason for undertaking it, that doesn't mean it won't turn out to be fun. Not necessarily.




1 comment:

ernmalleyscat said...

Wasn't this the narration over the pre-title scene in Blair Witch Project?