Friday 22 December 2017

finished

Today dragged. It did eventually end though. It was one of those days where it's a real challenge to stay awake. I "slept" on the couch last night and Vinnie tortured me by jumping on my face from three to five am. At work I amused myself by filing every last thing and throwing stuff away. A mild diversion arrived at about 9:30 in the form of news that somebody had snuck onto the grounds during the night and chopped down and stolen a tree, so some time was spent wondering who might have bothered to do such a thing, then going for a walk to find the stump and examine it for clues.  None were discovered.

Quite early on I gave up eating anything and drinking anything other than chocolate and cake and tea. I am not sure if there were two teas today, morning and afternoon, or was it that there was morning tea yesterday and afternoon tea today?

Of all the christmas cards we got these are the two i liked the best.



We didn't send any.

I left work at three and tried to buy christmas presents in the city on the way home but my body would not do what I wanted it to do. So I sat down on a bench on the corner of the Bourke St Mall and did my Christmas act of kindness and goodwill which was helping a very drunk woman to sticky tape some wrapping paper around her work kris kringle present. She also had a bit of ribbon so I tied that into a nice bow around it too. See, I have been good. Now will Santa please give me what I want.

No comments: