Thursday 20 October 2005

NaNoWriMo inspiration?

Further to recent discussions at Ampersand Duck of thwarted novelistical urges, romance novels (ahem, it's called "genre fiction"), and art schools as possible / probable / inevitable settings for said literary outpourings -

It's November in a few days. Write a novel, dammit! Make like Roger Corman always suggested, and start with the cover art. Actually, go all postmodern, and start with "appropriated" cover art.



Case rested?

See you in a couple of days -- I'm dead busy here, alas.

8 comments:

R.H. said...

Half his luck!

-On second thoughts, I'll take the lot.

Ampersand Duck said...

Fan-fairy-tastic!
qlodid!

Ampersand Duck said...

And that author's name HAS to be a pseudonym!

Scrivener said...

What's with the banner in the upper-left: "Not One Word Cut!"? I mean, readers mayn't want the "naughty bits" censored, ok, but they want a book that's completely unedited?

R.H. said...

Yes, it reminds me of a little sentence on the flyleaf of Pickwick Papers: Which he never intended to be published on any account!

Golly. Well if that's the case it must be scandalous. Worth reading.

Mel said...

Laura, are you aware of this website? I think you may like it, at least a little.

lucy tartan said...

Ah, Mel, yes, I know it intimately. I wish I didn't so that the joy of discovering it all over again was still in front of me.

BwcaBrownie said...

ampersand: the name may be pseudo but if you Google it you find that a second hand copy goes for US$126.00