Saturday 26 March 2005

song title meme

Choose a band/artist and answer in song TITLES by that band:
I'll start cheating right now & just say Nick Cave (& the...)
Are you female or male: "Zoo Music Girl"
Describe yourself: "Kicking Against The Pricks" (yeah, I know, album title, but so, so appropriate)
How do some people feel about you: "Shivers"
How do you feel about yourself: "Helpless" (NC covered the Neil Young song on a tribute album. Otherwise I'd have to go with "Nick the Stripper" - 'hideous to the eye...'
Describe an ex-girlfriend/boyfriend: "Hair Shirt"
Describe your current girlfriend/boyfriend: "The Good Son"
Describe where you want to be: "Tupelo", "Where the Wild Roses Grow"
Describe what you want to be: "City of Refuge"
Describe how you live: "Release the Bats"
Describe how you love: "No More Shall We Part"
Share a few words of wisdom: "God is In the House", and guess what? he's "Drunk on the Pope's Blood."

liberated from Scrivenings

4 comments:

jo(e) said...

Kicking Against the Pricks?

I so want to be that song title.

Scrivener said...

"Kicking Against the Pricks" is great. Love the words of wisdom too.

If I were going with Nick Cave, I'd've had to choose "(I'll Love You) Till the End of the World" for how do you love though. In part because it's by far the song of him & the Bad Seeds I know best.

Anonymous said...

[completley off-topic]man,i have to express my luuurve for your handbags.[/completely off-topic]

shrek + nick cave = wonderful

lucy tartan said...

Hi dog. I sort of remember Nick Cave in Shrek...what was the track?
I don't think I'm terribly keen on that thing where the kid cartoon movie plays to the grownups with something hipsterish on the soundtrack. It's turned into something quite cynical, is my impression. I remember liking the Shrek soundtrack (it's also got John Cale singing Leonard Cohen on it, fanstastic) - but when I heard that the spongebob squarepants movie has a Flaming Lips track on it -- well, the heart sank, a bit.

some off-topicness: I was wondering if you ever do any 1940s type dressmaking? (Or forgive me if your swing dancing community isn't into that sort of thing!) I've dabbled in a couple of Vintage Vogue patterns - but with very mised results I'm afraid.